December 1, 2009

Veggie Rainbow Salsa


I was looking for a "snacky-type" recipe that makes a TON of food, doesn't cost a lot and is super healthy. When a friend of mine brought Black Bean Confetti Salsa to a Labor Day Potluck party, I loved it and knew this might be the one. I made a few adjustments based on what I actually had in my pantry (and the fact that I love to put garlic, lime juice and tomatoes into everything). I also left out the oil to save on a bit of fat. So, here's my version...

1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 15-ounce can cannelini beans, drained and rinsed
4 bell peppers, a mix of colors, diced (green are the cheapest)
4 Roma tomatoes, diced
1 large white onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup lime juice
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground paprika
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • Super easy to prepare. Throw it all in a very large bowl and stir it around. Then get out some tortilla chips, or veggie slices, and start dippin'. 
  • Makes 12 servings.
  • Enjoy! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This salsa is beautiful!