No joke! Three ingredients. And they are soooo delicious!
I'm a busy gal right now, so I'm looking to pare down my go-to recipes to just the quickest and easiest stuff I can find. These haystack candies fit the bill perfectly when I crave a sweet. Check it out...
1 1/2 cups vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup creamy natural peanut butter
4 cups corn flakes, or your favorite "flake" cereal (I used organic 7-grain flakes)
- In a double boiler (or in a heat-safe bowl placed atop a saucepan half full of water), melt your chocolate chips over medium-low heat, stirring frequently.
- Add peanut butter to the chocolate chips, and continue to stir until everything is melted and completely mixed together.
- In a large bowl, dump out your corn flakes. Use a spatula to scrape chocolate and peanut butter mixture over the flakes.
- Lick the spatula.
- Gently stir everything together until corn flakes are evenly coated with chocolate.
- Use a large spoon or cookie scoop to form "stacks" by placing them on a cookie sheet. Then put the cookie sheet in the fridge until they've hardened.
- Store in a Tupperware bowl in the fridge.