Looking for a novel new way to eat your carrots? Look no further than these Sweet Chili Carrot Fries! Easy to prepare, and baked in a jiff, they are the perfect after-school snack. They also make a great side to veggie burgers and tofu dogs. I served them with Tofu Florentine last night, and the whole family loved them. Delicious!
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon agave nectar
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
Black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the carrot sticks in a large Tupperware bowl that has a tight-fitting lid.
- Pour oil and remaining ingredients into the bowl, on top of the carrot sticks.
- Secure the lid and shake the ingredients around vigorously until every last carrot stick is coated with flavor.
- Place the carrot sticks, in a single layer, on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes. Check the carrot sticks, shake the pan, flip them around, whatever you need to do.
- Continue to bake for an additional 5-15 minutes, until carrot sticks are soft in the middle but nice and crunchy around the edges. Watch them closely.
- Makes 4 servings.