Plant-Powered 15 is an ebook that features 15 gluten-free, oil-free, and totally-vegan recipes.
"These recipes were selected with a few criteria in mind. To give you recipes that will delight your taste buds, that are not too time consuming or difficult to make, and that are chocked with whole-foods goodness! Yes, these recipes feature whole-foods ingredients: whole grains, whole-grain flours, beans, nuts, seeds, vegetables, natural sweeteners, and no oil. They range from breakfast and baked goods to sauces, soups, burgers, and even a few sweet treats!"
-- Dreena Burton, Plant-Powered 15
Dreena generously allowed me a peek at the cookbook, and let me tell you, it looks amazing!
Here is a list of the 15 mouth-watering recipes featured in the ebook:
Almond Zen Granola
Pumpkin Seed and Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
Creamy House Dressing
Green Goddess Dressing
Black Bean Soup with Sweet Potatoes
Presto Pistachio Pasta
Umami Sun-Dried Tomato and Almond Burgers
Sneaky Chickpea Burgers
Sticky Almond Blondies
Peanut Butter Munchy Squares
Ever since I watched the The Engine 2 Kitchen Rescue, I've been toying around with all of my staple recipes, experimenting with removing as much added oil as possible while keeping a delectable flavor and texture. Thank you, Dreena, for giving me a leg up on going oil-free with this fabulous cookbook!
BLACK BEAN SOUP WITH SWEET POTATOES
"'This soup has an irresistible quality, the flavors are deep and earthy with some sweetness from the potatoes. Don't let the number of ingredients intimidate you - they build layers of flavor, but this soup is not at all difficult to make!'
- 1 - 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 - 1 3/4 cups chopped onion (one large onion)
- 1 1/2 cups combination of chopped red and green peppers
- 1 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste (generous is good)
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice (rounded)
- 1/4 teaspoon (or less/more, to taste) red pepper flakes
- 4 medium - large cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 4 1/2 - 5 cups black beans (reserve 1 cup; this is three 14 or 15 ounce cans)
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 cups cubed (in small chunks, about 1/2") yellow sweet potato (or can substitute white potato)
- Chopped cilantro for serving
- Extra lime wedges for serving
- Chopped avocado tossed with lemon juice and dash of salt, for serving
Sweet Potato Tip: Sometimes I have leftover sweet potato home fries that have been seasoned with just sea salt. If so, I take a recipe and chopping shortcut and simply add these to my soup during the last 5-10 minutes of cooking, just to heat through.
Recipe from 'Plant-Powered 15' by Dreena Burton. For more recipes and information, visit www.plantpoweredkitchen.com. Photo credit: Nicole Axworthy."
WIN A COPY OF PLANT-POWERED 15!
Dreena has offered up a free copy of her new ebook to one lucky winner. Just visit the Rafflecopter widget below and enter to win. Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway